Archived - Boiling Flask Fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Mike Veldman

Archived - Boiling Flask Fusor

Post by Mike Veldman »

This version was part of my search for the easiest to fabricate demo fusor. I think this one may win hands down, but it's not the one I decided to use in my seminar. I'll show that one next. This idea came from a picture Richard Hull posted briefly sometime back. I wrote Richard and asked for the specifics and made up what you see below. I used a 4" three neck boiling flask with a spiral grid and a couple of stainless wires for the counterpoise. The highvoltage feedthrough is an aluminum spacer forced through the center stopper. The vacuum connection is a hose barb through another stopper, right. The outer grid connection is just the grid wire forced through the left most stopper. As you can see pictured it works. I'm not able to pull the flask below 250 microns, that seems to be the limit of the stopper seals.
Attachments
nfs5.jpg
nfs5.jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 712 times
nfs6.jpg
nfs6.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 712 times
nfs7.jpg
nfs7.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 712 times
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.

Return to “Images du Jour”