Archived - Cylindrical Fusor

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Mike Veldman

Archived - Cylindrical Fusor

Post by Mike Veldman »

These are some pictures of my current work in progress. This is just mocked up for the photos. This one is being created out of a pipe section I picked up at the recycling center a while back. The front view shows the shop made end piece and view port. The rear view shows the vacuum valve, sparkplug feedthrough, bleed valve and thermocouple. Another view is the entire chamber and also the inside of the backplate showing the grid and support. The final picture is the vacuum stand which is nearly complete for these deeper vacuum projects. The stand consists of a welch 1400 series fore pump, edwards diffusion pump with both water and forced air cooling, valving , gauging and column. This is built of pieces obtained here and there.
Attachments
nfs14.jpg
nfs14.jpg (28.69 KiB) Viewed 794 times
nfs15.jpg
nfs15.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 794 times
nfs16.jpg
nfs16.jpg (27.04 KiB) Viewed 794 times
nfs17.jpg
nfs17.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 794 times
vss2.jpg
vss2.jpg (31.47 KiB) Viewed 794 times
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
Adam Szendrey

Re: Cylindrical Fusor

Post by Adam Szendrey »

Wiw
Mike, you have some "fusoring" going on there i see, making all these fusors :).
Congrats!

Adam

Return to “Images du Jour”