Archived - 10 Micron Star Mode

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Mark Rowley

Archived - 10 Micron Star Mode

Post by Mark Rowley »

I thought I would post this picture of my best star mode. A diffusion pump is on the way which should get me into the sub-micron world of fusoring. When that happens, my current setup will be totally reconfigured.

Mark Rowley
Attachments
StarMode1a.jpg
apollo

Re: 10 Micron Star Mode

Post by apollo »

Wow! What outer grid are you using? What is the seal between your bell jar and base plate?
Mark Rowley

Post by Mark Rowley »

Before I dismantle my fusor, I felt that it was important to take a quick photo of my star mode at best vacuum. My spherical outer grid suffered an assault by my son which it never recovered from. So I quickly put together a makeshift outer "ring" grid by bending and crimping some tig rod. It worked good enough for the photo. I still recommend a spherical outer grid for a demo fusor.

My baseplate is 5/8" thick alluminum plate from an alluminum supplier I found on E-Bay. It only cost me $15.00. I drilled and tapped the holes necessary for the hoses, TC gauge and HV feedthru. My sealant is only a small bead of Dow Corning Vacuum Grease.

Mark Rowley
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I have archived this sucker. Beautiful! Deja Vu of fusor II, my old bell jar model. I can sympathize with the needed tear down. Sometimes a complete rework is in order to move to the next step or stage.

Richard Hull

Richard
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”