Archived - Demo Fusor Success

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
pawinemaker

Archived - Demo Fusor Success

Post by pawinemaker »

After 16 months of acquiring parts, I finally managed to get a nice glow out of my demo fusor. This image is my current setup.
Attachments
setup-040630.jpg
pawinemaker

Roland Pouliot's latest demo fusor photo

Post by pawinemaker »

Update: 07/17/04
After fiddling with the camera settings, the plasma voltage/current, I was able to get a better photo from the IR camera monitor. I don't recall the exact voltage and current, but I was working in the 10kV range with a current of about 3 mA.
Attachments
plasma-10kv-3ma-2.jpg
MARK-HARRISS

Re: Demo Fusor Success

Post by MARK-HARRISS »

That's a really nice setup Roland, Do you plan to close
the ends of the coils to confine the plasma further? . It
would be interesting to see how the X-ray emission varies
from 90 degrees to the coil axis to end on with the coil
axis. I suspect the neutron flux would be greater end on
as well with deuterium.

Mark Harriss
pawinemaker

Post by pawinemaker »

I have yet to acquire a geiger counter, and I have a way to go before I am ready for real fusion. I would also probably need to go a pretty high voltage to see any x-rays through the chamber. I had not considered enclosing the ends of the cylinder, but I have had several people suggest it. The cylindrical grid shape is something I'd like to investigate. Also, I don't have access to the necessary tools to build anything but a wound grid shape, so a cylinder was easy to do. While collecting the rest of the gear I need, I will be doing some experiments with various grid shapes.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Good work! This is new ground and reports will be needed, especially if you are headed towards fusion with this design. Good luck.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
pawinemaker

Re: Roland Pouliot's latest demo fusor photo

Post by pawinemaker »

Updated the current plasma photo (again) after making some minor adjustments to the camera, etc.

Return to “Images du Jour”