Archived - Fusor update

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Andrew Seltzman

Archived - Fusor update

Post by Andrew Seltzman »

Well here is an update on my fusor construction. I have the turbo pump hooked up vacuum wise, however I still need a controller. I have designed a 3 phase VFD assembly that would drive the turbo pump correctly, however I am probably going to try to find an inexpensive controller for it first before trying to build my own.

My gas handling system is nearly complete, no that isn’t deuterium in the picture, its argon I had left over from my particle accelerator work. The gas handling system should be done in one or two weeks.

I have increased the height of the support stand and mounted the vacuum gauge on the stand itself. The gauge tube is now located at the reactor instead of at the vacuum pump.

By closing the valve between the reactor and the pump the pressure in the reactor will increase steadily, so it appears there is a leak that I did not catch earlier. I will have to go back to spraying ethanol on the connections. On the top side the turbo pump doesn’t leak.

On the other physics related front check out the updates on my website http://www.rtftechnologies.org . I have added a method for converting a CCD camera to a vertex detector.
Andrew Seltzman
www.rtftechnologies.org
Attachments
fusor-full-small.JPG
Andrew Seltzman
www.rtftechnologies.org

Return to “Images du Jour”