Archived - Look at the pretty Plasma

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
nemesistech

Archived - Look at the pretty Plasma

Post by nemesistech »

Had a bit of time this weekend to play, took a few snap shots.
Attachments
IMG_3400.jpg
fusion5.jpg
fusion4.jpg
fusion3.jpg
fusion.jpg
Richard Hull

Re: Look at the pretty Plasma

Post by Richard Hull »

Wow! What an octopus! That system looks like a porcupine with conflated ports for quills.

That is a lot of bucks in flanging and a beautiful piece of eye candy.

I assume you are planing on an ion gun system in future.

The plasmas you show are certainly representative of a vast range of pressures. The first image looks like you can see fluorescent regions on the walls based on grid spacing.

I assume that this glow is definitely NOT in the octopus device as we would see the port holes if it were. Is the plasma in the blue device in the foreground with the large window?

Cool stuff though.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
nemesistech

Post by nemesistech »

I set this system up to be expandable, able to add ion guns, etc in the future. All the pictures taken were in my main chamber, the 8" sphere octopus. I was looking for a name for my chamber, and I think Richard just found it, the octopus :-) If you look at the pictures closely, mainly the first one, you can see the other ports on the back wall of the chamber. The camera is usually mounted on the right side directly opposite my hv feed thru which has a 2.75 conlfat viewport. The blue chamber you see in the forground with the 6" viewport has a gate valve below it, that is bolted to my turbo pump. Every item added, is on a valve, to make it easy if I need to isolate to find a leak, etc.
Most valves are pneumatic/electric. These pics were taking at various voltages, currents, and pressures this weekend as I was testing my Spellman out.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

At first glance I wonder what the heck the blue chamber was, and its the turbo :). Thats an amazing set up as well.
Im rather partial to the second and third pictures as well.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I finally see what I was looking at. We are looking down a long tube! the fluorescense I thought I saw was burnishing on the inside of the tube. I can just make out the other ports at the tube's mouth.

A pretty narrow field of view indeed.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Mike -

Beautiful piece of work. It quite literally "bristles" with potential and opportunities..eh?

What voltage and current is your power supply capable of providing?

Very nice, indeed.. Looking forward to your results.

Dave Cooper
nemesistech

Post by nemesistech »

Sorry about not mentioning that Richard, I needed to zoom in a bit more...
Right now I am "playing" with my Spellman DXR3000, 60kv, 50ma, but still trying to figure out issues with it...
But I have followed master Jon and master Carl, and picked up a Wallis Hivolt 8 stage stack super cheap, but I have not even started to deal with it yet.
Attachments
IMG_3397.jpg
Wilfried Heil

Post by Wilfried Heil »

That's a pretty luxurious setup. You're not far away from fusion. The first image is with air and the lower three at least look like a deuterium plasma.

You may find that the fusor pumps ions better than the StarCell does.

Return to “Images du Jour”