Youngest fusioneer crown

Administration forums. These are mostly old posts that are no longer relevant. It also contains numerous files that were not located in the proper forums by the original authors. As such, it is a smattering of just about everything. This is a Read Only section. No new posts or replies are permitted.
Richard Hull
Site Admin

Youngest fusioneer crown

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:05 am

I just received a private message from a young 12 year old wanting to know that if he worked quickly and did fusion could he take the youngest fusioneer crown from Jamie who he thought just took it from Taylor Wilson.

Without a lot of discussion I would like to say that Taylor still has the crown and that Jamie is currently not in the neutron club. Here is my missive to the 12 year old.

In spite of what you may read, Jamie has NOT been admitted to the neutron club as his information related to his fusor actually doing fusion was incomplete and not reported in a manner consistent with a device having actually done fusion.

So Jamie, while lauded for his effort, has not done fusion in the eyes of the powers that be here at Fusor.net. I have noted this in my response in his image du jour report, but he has made no new effort to report fresh data in a manner consistent with or acceptable by the committee and standards setup to pass judgement on such matters.

In answer to your question..........Anyone at any age younger than Taylor Wilson can take his youthful crown away, but rest assured, just as Jamie has not been formally posted to the neutron club due to lack of sufficient proof of fusion, anyone else not meeting a critical review standard will also not advance to such a crown either.

Just saying you have done fusion doesn't make it so. Those in the neutron club have all proved beyond all doubt by submiting good and proper data to the review committee. Fully 25% of all applicants to be approved as having done fusion fall short of that task on their first submission. This is always due to bad or incomplete data, but even more importantly, the complete misunderstanding of how to detect fusion and prove it.

Taylor Wilson is still the youngest fusioneer to do fusion here.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Carl Willis

Re: Youngest fusioneer crown

Post by Carl Willis » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 am

Hi Richard,

I was a bit "out to lunch" over the last month or so. Can you direct me to the pertinent discussion about Jamie's effort on this site? In a couple words, what is the limitation of his reporting right now?

Thanks.
Carl
Carl Willis
http://carlwillis.wordpress.com/
TEL: +1-505-412-3277

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:16 am

In short, voltage too low, pressure reported way too high, neutron counter used might not even detect fusion at voltge specified, yet 2.5 mrem was claimed at ~20kv 8ma and we know that is just not possible. I have a bonner sphere with the tiny little nancy woods BF3 tube in it and you really have to be cooking to get that thing to click much at all. A request for more complete data has, thus far, gone unanswered. Hooking a digital counter up to the device would have helped a lot. A meter swing to 2.5mrem is just too much for the data supplied and, thus, highly suspect.

Removing the detector tube during the run woul have been a real eye opener, but it was not done. I just don't want to accept a win like this based on press hoopla, general excitement and the significant and magnificent surface effort put forth at such a young age, alone. I would like real undisputable proof, just like everyone else has had to do.

Read his image du jour posting and all subsequent posts. Make sure to check out the videos. Just not enough hard data.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9196

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Jamie Edwards

Post by Jamie Edwards » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:15 am

As I posted on the 25th March, in images du jour....

( viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9196&start=10 )

I am in the process of organising further trials of my fusor, to collect as much data as possible, to avoid any anomalous results.

Regarding my bonnersphere, it contains a BF3 tube inside a spherical moderator. This is all one piece and the moderator cannot be removed. This was lent to me by The University of Manchester, and was calibrated with a Cf252 source, by a Professor who specializes in in nuclear fuel technology. I am unsure what else the bonnerphere detected, if not neutrons. However I see the point of concern and will attempt to work to find an explanation for the high neutron count.

Perhaps it would be beneficial talk over the phone/pm/email so we can make progress quicker and we can discuss each issue in detail.

Regards
Jamie

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 am

Jamie and I have contacted each other via private message and he is prepared to redo his experiment and attempt another run at proof of performance and fusion. We await his results. I feel we were both good natured about the matter and it is hoped we can enter his name as having done fusion in the neutron club at some point in the not too distant future.

Richard Hull

Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Is Jamie 12 or 13?

How old was Taylor, 14?

Is this going to come down to a matter of months, or weeks, in age difference?

If he provides confirming data, will the effective date of that data be the date of his admittance to the neutron club? If so, will he still be eligible for 'the youngest'?

I am going to update the front-page post with a link to this thread...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television - http://farnovision.com/book.html
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 50 years in the past and we missed it."

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Jamie did his TV pass that claimed fusion just days before his 14th birthday. He is now 14. Taylor Wilson was 14 when he did fusion. For our purposes, the date that you do fusion and prove it is the date you are inducted into the neutron club. Jamie has yet to make that mark. Paul has updated the lead front page story with a genuine account related to fusion.

Richard Hull