Sale! 30kV Supply, Neutron Flux Tubes, and Vac Equipment!

Use this forum to offer / scavenge for fusor parts
Samuel Low

Sale! 30kV Supply, Neutron Flux Tubes, and Vac Equipment!

Post by Samuel Low » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:56 am

Hi all! I have dismantled much of the older part of the lab so I'll be selling some spare parts from the previous fusor over here! Drop me a message or email me at sammmlow@gmail.com. Payment by PayPal works fine. Prices are all reasonable and negotiable! All prices do not include the shipping, and they are shipped from Singapore (for our dear North American friends, the shipping would cost about $55 for items up to 2kg, and $80 for items up to 5kg).

Items for Sale:

Spellman DXM30N600X4215 (DXM Model, 30kV 600W 20mA Power Supply in Negative Polarity)
Condition: Used, seems to be working
Asking Price: $650

I bought it secondhand off someone selling parts scavenged from an X-Ray machine for about $1000USD (the firsthand price is like 7000 or something according to previous owner). I powered it on and the LED indicators show that the device is operational; unfortunately, I never got to test the actual output voltage as I realised that the java applet needed to run the device works only on Windows XP and I was too lazy to dual-boot another OS onto my laptop (so I went along with a neon sign transformer as a power supply instead). To use it, you'll need Windows XP and you can download the Java applet according to the manual in Chapter 4 onwards.

The previous owner stated that the X-Ray generator was working perfectly fine. However, if the device is unable to output that stated voltage, I will be happy to refund you since I have not seen or tested the output voltage before myself.

Varex Imaging CA11 HV Cable
Condition: Tested and working; never used, as good as new.
Asking Price: $200

This is a CA11 cable that connects to the Spellman HV Supply. I remember some people on the forums were debating about which connectors were used for these Spellman devices(viewtopic.php?t=11146), well this is the one. I bought this firsthand off a company from the Philippines called Varex Imaging for about $300. It has never been used before so it is as good as brand new.

Alternatively, I've seen people machine these things out themselves if this is too expensive.

GS-NEUTRON-150 and GS-1100-PRO
Condition: Tested and working; never used, as good as new.
Asking Price: $500

Bought this neutron flux detector from Steven Sesselmann's company, Bee Research, for $849 inclusive of the 500V power supply needed to power the flux tube. Because of administrative reasons, I never got to fusing in my school lab (no D2 gas and no electrolysis of D2O too...), so I have never actually used it for a fusor. It is as good as brand new.

I have though, tried to use it to detect background neutron counts. On average you should get about 6 to 8 neutrons from background without any fusing.

Overall, I will send over the entire flux tube, the power supply, all the necessary cables as pictured below, and a 9V battery.

KF25 Blank Flanges
Condition: Brand new
Asking price: $5 a piece

It is as what it is. Use the clamps to connect them to the terminals of the tubings or vacuum chamber ports.

KF25 Clamps
Asking price: $15 a piece

As they are. Brand new, from a local supplier, never used. KF25 sized clamps for connecting the stainless steel vacuum tubings to ports or valves. :)

ISO100F Open Flange
Condition: Used, but no defects
Asking price: $35

As it is, I will also throw in a spare rubber gasket for it (the red one below).

Stainless Steel Fasteners
Asking price: $5 per pair

Useful for putting flanges together. Make sure you put rubber gaskets between flanges before clamping them together (unless you use the knife-edge sorts).

Stainless Steel Vacuum Tubings KF25 sized
Asking price: $20 for 50cm tubes, $30 for 100cm tubes

All prices are negotiable and if you'd like to buy anything drop me a private message or email me at sammmlow@gmail.com :)
"Physicists are made of atoms." - Michio Kaku

Samuel Low

Re: Sale! 30kV Supply, Neutron Flux Tubes, and Vac Equipment!

Post by Samuel Low » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:18 pm

The HV cable has been sold!
Bump! All other items still on sale!

I am lowering the asking price of the Spellman unit to $550.

Samuel Low

Post by Samuel Low » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:58 am

Bump!

I realised there are errors in the images, reposting them here.

The HV CA11 cable has been sold! The price for the Spellman unit has been lowered to $550 and the sale is still going on!

KF25 Blank Flanges
Asking price: $5 a piece

It is as what it is. Use the clamps to connect them to the terminals of the tubings or vacuum chamber ports.

KF25 Clamps
Asking price: $15 a piece

As they are. Brand new, from a local supplier, never used. KF25 sized clamps for connecting the stainless steel vacuum tubings to ports or valves. :)

I will post some images below to show how I used these to connect to my fusor chamber:

Samuel Low

Post by Samuel Low » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 am

Bump! Still ongoing! Everything else is still available less the HV CA11 cable.