Richard Hull - Store - for sale (updated Dec 2017)

Use this forum to offer / scavenge for fusor parts
Richard Hull
Site Admin

Richard Hull - Store - for sale (updated Dec 2017)

Post by Richard Hull » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Note: I have updated to my current e-mail so you can now just click on the green name (above left) and open a direct e-mail to me. 1/28/13.

New U and Trinitite specimens available.....See below.....

*******NOTE to foreign buyers************

ALL of the material offered here are for sale in the US ONLY. Rad rocks will be shipped only via UPS and not via the US mails. Sorry about this, but I figure this will avoid hassles and delays. RH

************************** NOTE ***********************

My NEW email is: hull7103@comcast.net

I do not have PayPal.....
Checks and money orders made out to:

Richard Hull
7103 Hermitage Road
Richmond, VA 23228

......................... Current for sale items follows that can be shipped.....................

Geiger counter tubes, Arduino based finished counters.

Tubes naked $60.00 + postage Tube in nice aluminum probe handle with BNC connector $80.00 All tubes are mil spec 5979 type with 1" diameter mica window, halogen quenched.

Updated - I have added finished GM counters of a fixed design working off a simple 9V battery. No more kits available.

Inquire on above...

*********************************************************************************************

GM counters (Arduino based)

These counters both convey identical data
1. Total counts since reset or turn-on
2. Current Counts per minute (updated every 6 seconds)
3. millirem/per hour dose rate
4. Total absorbed dose

In addition there is a 10 minute timed and averaged CPM background count capability

See images below.... click to enlarge

Both counters use a common 9 volt battery for power. Both have instruction sheets sent with them.

Rad reporter I $110.00 +shipping

This Counter has a two line by 16 character LCD display. A mode button allows all of the above data to be displayed
When turned on, the counter shows the total counts and counts per minute. Pressing and releasing the mode boutton
displays the dose rate and total absorbed dose. pressing the mode button agian and releasing it throws the counter
back to the original turn on mode.

Pressing and holding the mode button will enter the background mode 10 minuted timed count.

Reset zeros all functions and starts back at the counts mode as at turn-on

Rad reporter II $135.00 + shipping

This counter displays all data on a 4 line by 20 character LCD display at once.
There is no mode button.
However, the background mode can be brought up and alternated with the 4 line count/dose data display by pressing reset
This alternation occurs at startup. If you were in count mode and turned the counter off, the next time it is turned on it
will be in background mode. A quick press of reset will throw it into count mode again.

Both counters would demand an alkaline battery be used or a rechargeable 200mah nickel metal hydride battery.

****************************************************************************************

I have decided to sell one of my old DVDs on Tesla Power Transformers again. ( I made over 70, 2 hour Tesla related tapes (1989-2000).

We have a ton of time consuming questions here at fusor.net regarding power transformers. Back in my Tesla coiling days I produced a series of educational 2 hour video tapes. One of these dealt with only the subject of the Tesla coil Transformer.

In this video I give a 2 hour talk on the types of High Voltage transformers available and how to acquire and test them with diagrams of hookups and testing. This is great for the absolute neophyte who doesn't know much about obtaining, testing, repairing and hooking up high voltage transformers. This is probably better for the guy looking to make a demo fusor system with zero electrical experience. Safety is also discussed along with wall outlet hookups. Tape made circa 1992. Old, but still good solid info.

DVD, 2 hours long, sent postpaid in the U.S. only! Price.... $18.00

VICTOREEN RESISTORS - ultra high resistance..................

These are specialty items and cost a gang o' bucks from Victoreen. I have values in the 10e9 to nearly 10e12 ohms range. Most are 10% tolerance. Most are odd values like 909 gigaohms, 110 gigaohms, etc.....

These are mostly brand new, long lead, sealed glass body resistors found in radiation ion chamber type survey meters (cutie pie) and electrometer grid and gate leak circuits. Those who know what these are and need 'em will kill to get 'em. Those who are puzzled at what I am offering here might best just move along.

NOTE** These are NOT for use in high voltage power circuit voltage dividers

All values are $10.00 each. $4.00 postage will ship up to 4 of these as of 1/17

Inquire as to your needs for specific values.

Uranium Ore samples from famous mines.

Shipped via UPS only!

These are collectors pieces and should make the mineral collector happy. All come with labels of full provenance of discovery, location, mine, date and name of person finding the mineral.

I have a few specimens with contained fluorescent Autunite, (glows bright green under short wave UV.).

1"- 2" sizes from $5.00 each and up.
Larger sizes available from $10.00 each and up.
Fluorescent material costs more $10.00 up various sizes and coverages.

I still have bland pieces of decent activity to use for check sources $5.00

From recent trip to the best U boom mines of the old south-west. 10/2005

NOTE***** July 2009..... I just increased my availability and quantity of good old rare and hot U ore rock specimens due to an even more recent trip to the Colorado plateau, adding 4 new mines to the collection. I also have a number of fluorescent U ore rock specimens on hand for sale.

Inquire

TRINITITE !

That's right, trinitite, the green glassy material resulting from the world's first nuclear explosion in the New Meixco desert is July of 1945.

This still, slightly radioactive material is becoming more rare as the years pass and as it is collected and hoarded as a part of the history of the blast that heralded the start of the "nuclear age".

I can supply any number of requested types of material. I also have reasonably priced common material that is only slighly to moderately radioactive and not deep, dark green.

Note: This material is far too weak to be used as a good check source. I suggest the above U ore rock for that purpose. This is collector material and a curio from the early nuclear age that never fully blossomed.

Check with me on pricing of the various items. I make up lists with images of specimens available from time to time. Contact me at my e-mail address (click on blue name in heading.)

Richard Hull
Attachments
Rad Reporter I.jpg
Rad ReporterII.jpg
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Re: Richard Hull - Store - for sale (updated Dec 2017)

Post by Richard Hull » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:04 am

Pushed to top of list with new listings and changes

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.