Should we burn witches and burn books?

A place to keep track of reference material - any particularly useful books, articles, etc. should be listed here.
Starfire

Should we burn witches and burn books?

Post by Starfire »

I tried to order from Amazon:-

Experimental Nuclear Physics Volume III - E. Segre
$52.50 - Usually ships within 1-2 business days
Sold by: getusedbooks_com

But got refused with the following;-

*** We're sorry. The item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button. ***

But I can get it also from Amazon with a different supplier ;-

Experimental Nuclear Physics Volume III - E. Segre
$46.72 - Usually ships within 1-2 business days
Sold by: www-zubal-com

Changed quantities? Press
To delete an item, change its quantity to 0, then click Update.

???????????????
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: Should we burn witches and burn books?

Post by Frank Sanns »

Hi John,

It may just be that the particular seller that you selected will not ship out of the country. Many sellers just don't want to deal with international shipping. It is an extra hassle and risk in some cases. Can't say I agree with them but most people error on the safe side and hide thier head in the ground ( or someplace else).

Cheers,

Frank S.

p.s. How about an update on your project?
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Starfire

Post by Starfire »

Hi Frank,

The sellar advertise's international shipping and quotes rates etc on their web-site.

" Nuclear " is not a four letter word - but it may as well be for some.

Re. the project - busy building and testing a kw Ion gun which I will post on when complete.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Ditto on what Geo said....I have all three volumes of Segres works and they were cheap, but then so were all the volumes of Neutron Physics I purchased just 6 years ago. Now try and get 'em at any price!

The high brow, scientific antiquarian book sellers are sucking up all the older, rarer scientific tomes from all the mom and pop book shops on line and marking them up 10,000%.

I am glad I leaped in early and spent a lot of bucks to pump my library up to its current state. I bought lots of books on the cheap from about 1998-2006. Now I have to tread carefully and keep a watchful eye if I am to acquire anything at a favorable price.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Books & References”