Very Interesting Device

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
MarkHugo

Very Interesting Device

Post by MarkHugo »

Hi All! Old time "Cold Fusion" associate of George Miley here.

Current devotee of working on the Papp Engine. Alas, Papp was NOT anywhere near Philo in his detail or forthrightness. However, just as Philo had a "jump" on everyone else....so did Papp, we have found. (Clue: As Papp said, "I've done nothing not based on 'known' physics...")

Anyway, found this website:

http://micron.ucr.edu/Public/gatan/pips-691.html

Which, co-incidentally ANSWERED A QUESTION I came up with a WEEK AGO.

That question was: "OK, most of the people working with Penning and Paul traps are concerned with very 'low energy' electrons and protons. And they have certain things that drive them that way. However, wouldn't the field effects in a Penning and or Paul trap STILL HOLD in their influence on electrons and protons, even IF they were of higher energy?"

Therefore, in consideration of the COMBINED Penning and Paul trap work started at Harvard in 1996, wouldn't it be interesting to combine a Penning and Paul trap "overlayed" on an IEC device?

Please note, the web site given pretty much indicates that indeed
the use of a Penning trap with high(er) energy ions has utility.

Also attached, a little AVI to keep people entertained. Our version of the Papp engine (so far).

Mark H.
Attachments

[The extension avi has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Richard Hester

Re: Very Interesting Device

Post by Richard Hester »

Richard Nebel at LANL is working with Penning traps in the hopes of trapping ions and electrons for fusion. He invisions a string of thousands of Penning traps in a modular setup to generate sinifcant amounts of power. Do a search for "Penning fusion", and you're likely to come up with the published references. I don't remember the right URL off hand.
grrr6

Post by grrr6 »

Thats a bit short to keep me entertained :P.....

Anyways, I'd like to see with what you've come up with so far. The papp engine sure sounds like a bunch of hooey.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

You got it! Pretty much hooey. I've been out there and this is another urban, or should I say Urbane, legend that just won't die its proper natural death along with a myriad of other OU devices that constantly bob to the surface. Bedini motors, Searl levity disks, Adams motor, Swiss ML machine, Worley's stuff and Tesla's mystery ray, etc. It all looks nice and sounds nice, but if it worked, we would have them in our cars, NOW! The only thing we do have in our cars, is Tesla's patented speedometer mechanisms. Yep, that was a Tesla invention. Actually, many modern cars are digital now.

Like all bogus OU devices they seem to always need just one more little tweek and they will surely be market ready. If this won't fly, then there is always the old saw about repressed technology to fall back on. Lotsa' paranoia to go around so there is no need for a rush to get it.

Interesting trivia but totally factual.....The physicist Richard Fynman was actually present at a deadly demo of Papp's original engine as a debunker. Fynman may have obliquely caused the death of one spectator and the severe injury of several others when the machine blew up following one of Fynman's suggestions at the demo to prove the machine was not a hoax. Fynman was no where to be found immediately following the explosion. It's all in the police report. Very nasty business.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Adam Szendrey

Post by Adam Szendrey »

I dunno...Mr. Fynman made up a story as good as any conspiracy theory, if you ask me...

Adam
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Speaking of on-the-fringe widgets for anti-gravity, over-unity, hair restoration, psychic powers..etc. has anyone here ever heard of something called the "Hutchison Effect?" Apparently some recluse guy in Canada claims to have observed anomalous effects including levitation and spontaneous combination of dissimiliar materials (like wood and metal) in the presence of high energy EM fields created through various combinations of RF and high voltage.

There are some interesting videos on Americanantigravity.com showing these effects. In one video, there appears to be a string observable that apparently is interacting with one of the "levitating" objects. This guy seems to be just another weirdo trying to sell some videos...but you never know. Has anyone here looked into the "effect" and found anything, either theoretical or empirical, that would describe this effect as being real? Thanks.
longstreet

Post by longstreet »

Just reading a little on this papps engine it seems to me the most likely explanation is that the engine ran on some type of compressed oxide and highly combustable fuel disguised as the "nobel gas mixture". It could have very well been a fully functioning engine, and highly unstable depending on exactly what Mr. Papp used. That would explain everything I've read so far.

Return to “Interesting Links”