Online Farnsworth Photo Archive

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
Brian McDermott

Online Farnsworth Photo Archive

Post by Brian McDermott »

http://www.lib.utah.edu/spc/photo/p437/p437.html

This is a photo catalog of Farnsworth images, including close up shots of components from the Mk1, 2 and 3 fusors. Very useful and of great historical interest.

There is also a master list of 600 or so photos that are not online, including photos of the discharges taking place in the first fusor. I'm sure it is possible to order prints of these.
Richard Hull

Re: Online Farnsworth Photo Archive

Post by Richard Hull »

I have ordered several dozen of these images for a couple of hundred bucks in the past and they are all part of my collection of about 300 photos from the period and modern images of materials and people from the project. I am waiting for the right moment to do a book.

Richard Hull

Note: virtually 100% of the images taken by the team were from a 4X5 Speed Graphic kept on hand at the pontiac street plant. There was a large number of 4X5 polaroids taken and distributed to team members often of the same thing. These are each originals, in effect, and you got one image/click of the shutter and tore out the polaroid from the special 4X5 graflex polaroid back. So many of the team members were given one off originals. This makes ownership of the images often of the same thing a multileveled affair. I have permission from George Bain, Gene Meeks and Steve Blasing to use there personal images at no charge. For what few others I have from the collection listed above, I would have to pay a one time publication fee.

RH
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Interesting Links”