Hello from Virginia

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Alex Cordesman

Hello from Virginia

Post by Alex Cordesman »

I've been interested in building a fusor for a while since my lab has plenty of surplus high vacuum gear laying around. My background is actually genetic engineering but I have about 7 year experience fixing high vacuum systems for TEM scopes and carbon evaporators. Add to that a CNC mill at home and solid TIG welding skills and I figure it is time to put all of that to work making something absurd. I'm looking for a partner in crime in my area that can compliment my skills with the EE that I can't manage.

-Sandow
Always assume that it will explode.
– Astronautics, issue 38, October 1937.
John Futter

Re: Hello from Virginia

Post by John Futter »

Welcome Sandow
You might want to re-read the forum rules

ie your full name in both fields
Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

Welcome, Sandow.

A partnership in crime would be welcome if we didn't live on opposite sides of the continent. Have always enjoyed making absurd things. Would have picked the alias klugesmith if it were allowed here. (As John said, this forum has always used full real names). My EE skills and junk collection might complement your vacuum, machining, and welding stuff. Good luck in Virginia!
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Alex Cordesman

Post by Alex Cordesman »

Yeah I saw the true name thing after the fact. Missed where you change your display name for a little while though. I think this is the only forum I've used that demands real names but I can't say that I disagree with that as a policy. I assume it helps cuts down on trolls and keeps things civil.

-Alex
Always assume that it will explode.
– Astronautics, issue 38, October 1937.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”