Hello, Charles here for first time.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Charles Elkins

Hello, Charles here for first time.

Post by Charles Elkins »

I'm a noob, kinda. I'm currently an art major but I'm also going for a AS in engineering. I started out building oil burner then made a second one that worked a lot better for a whole 30 min till the stainless steel started to crack. But it gave me the idea for the third one which I just started testing in December. I have not had time do much else on it because of my classes and being so busy. But I just recently decided to try and take it up another notch. In researching fusion mainly how to build a neutron detector I came across this site and www.rtftechnologies.org fusion page. I'm adding one of my photos looking down into what I have so far. I'll do my best to answer and questions about what I'm planning next because I have three ideas I'm going to try first in an effort to get simple but feasible fusion reactor to run for extended periods. Thanks Charles
Attachments
burnin.jpg
burnin.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
Richard Hull

Re: Hello, Charles here for first time.

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Charles! You should post in one of the forums related to your ideas where a discussion can follow along a specific thread.

Richard Hull.
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Charles Elkins

Post by Charles Elkins »

k
Charles Elkins

Post by Charles Elkins »

I'm Back
Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

Welcome back, Charles.
It would be nice if we had a subforum for art. But that's probably a lower priority than a subforum for deuterium delivery.
If those balls in your avatar image are solid plastic, they might make good standard-geometry neutron moderators. :-)
balls.JPG
p.s. The picture shows a real neutron metrology set, that sold last year on ebay. The large balls appear to be floating, but I bet they are internally supported by pegs on the cart. The dildic geometry would be ergonomically convenient for stowing heavy balls.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Charles Elkins

Post by Charles Elkins »

Thank you Richard, they are actually ancient trebuchet balls in the court yard of Baba Vida castle, Vidin, Bulgaria. Yea, so, I have some catching up to do
Charles Elkins

Post by Charles Elkins »

For everyone who missed it here is the avatar he was referring to.
old new avatar
old new avatar
05ae325.jpg (5.62 KiB) Viewed 2271 times

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”