Greeetings from Switzerland

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Robert Adams

Greeetings from Switzerland

Post by Robert Adams »

Hello everyone,

My background includes a PhD in nuclear engineering. My work has mostly dealt with fast neutron generators, radiation detection/imaging, and related topics. I also like to tinker and experiment in my free time, and in that context I'm considering the fusor direction.

This forum seems to have a lot to offer and I look forward to digging into the FAQs etc, and I hope that I can give something back to the community in the process.
Tom McCarthy

Re: Greeetings from Switzerland

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum, have a look at the FAQs as you mentioned and get good at using the search bar. There's a lot of deeply-buried posts that contain a ton of valuable information if you want it - Projects, builds, discussions etc. Images Du Jour can be particularly handy for seeing how things are done.

I believe there are a few members around Switzerland. Werner Engel is one who seems to visit Switzerland every so often, though I'm not sure if he's from there. If you can, do try and get in touch and visit them as seeing any sort of setup in action will be an invaluable experience.

Best of luck,
Tom
Werner Engel

Re: Greeetings from Switzerland

Post by Werner Engel »

Hi Robert!
Also a warm welcome to the forum! Actually I live in Austria, but I have many relatives in CH and there are some very nice places to visit in Switzerland too: LHC, TCV, ... ;-)
If you want to exchange yourself in german language feel free to contact me or even give me a call ...

BR,
Werner

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”