Hello From Massachusetts!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Gerald Lane

Hello From Massachusetts!

Post by Gerald Lane »

Hello my name is Gerald Lane,
I am pursuing an electrical engineering degree at the moment, i hit a rough spot and that set me back as far as college goes but i am attending a community college again and moving to another college in the fall to pursue my degree! I stumbled upon fusors when i was browsing the internet looking at nuclear fusion. I believe that nuclear fusion is the future of america and will shape the world in the same way oil and railroads shaped america from the end of the 1800's. It seems really interesting but i need to learn a lot more and this site seemed to be the place to start i hope to start scrounging for parts for my own fusor this summer! I would like to get to know anyone on this site so feel free to say hi!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello From Massachusetts!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome and good luck. Your first step is to read the FAQ's under various sections and understand not just what a fusor is, but it limits and also issues with making one (power supoply, getting deuterium, and neutron detection); of course, a demo fusor is the easiest and a good first step (also, safest.) Best of luck.
Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos »

Hi Gerald,

Glad to see a fellow Massachusetts resident here. Feel free to ask anything you like.

Dave
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA
Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson »

HAHAHAHA Dave, I just noticed your updated (I think) signature line. CLASSIC!

I'm sure you can probably tell I'm a fan...
|
|
|
V
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos »

It's on while I work just about every afternoon on Comedy Central here in my office. A mix of that, Archer and South Park. Helps distract me from the morning of CNN! :) Futurama's great!
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”