Hi From st Louis

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Dan Faust

Hi From st Louis

Post by Dan Faust »

hello everyone
It is great to be here
I have taken resounding interest recently in the belonged endeavour of Nuclear Fusion
If there was a test, I wouldn't ace it but I would most definitely try
I love science, I am a 13 year old from St. Louis, United States of America
I want to study quantum physics in college as well as chemistry
My first attempt at achieving fusion will be with the Farnsworth-Hirsch Fusor
I take absolutely no credit for the engineering of the original design

Science hasn't always come naturally but with the help of a former science teacher, I have become determined to strive for the betterment of humanity

I spend most of my day being a teenager but I would hope to strive for a very determined study on advanced physics and mathematics
Live long and prosper-Vulcans (Star trek)
Not knowing our end should never discourage us from achieving more
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hi From st Louis

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Good to have an interest. Science is both fun and can be an rewarding career. I should know since I work in a fusion field.

That all said, a fusor isn't a project to take lightly. The power supply is lethal, and besides the high voltage danger is that above 20-30 kV, x-rays are a serious issue.

Your first goal should be to read up on fusors here and learn about them. Carefully note what is needed and now difficult and dangerous various parts of a fusor can be. That does not mean it cannot be done but your first focus needs to be learning all the hard lesions that people here have to offer.

Best of luck.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”