Greetings From Troy, NY!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Geoffrey Thomas

Greetings From Troy, NY!

Post by Geoffrey Thomas »

Hi Everybody!

I am Geoffrey Thomas, and I'm looking into building a neutron producing fusor in my spare time.

Currently, I am a sophomore aerospace and mechanical engineering student at RPI, so I haven't got much time (or money), but I am very interested in fusion devices and fusion theory.

My plan is to cobble together most of the materials I will need from campus E-waste centers.
(Every time a professor cleans out his/her old lab, all the old equipment/microwaves/printers/computers get sent to the "tech dumps" where students are free to salvage whatever they want for their own projects)

Additionally, I hope to simulate (at least partially) how the fusor will function using CAD and the MATLAB 3D partial differential equation toolbox, among other programs.

Thanks for making this great forum free to everybody!

Geoffrey Thomas
When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it. -Theodore Roosevelt
Samuel Low

Re: Greetings From Troy, NY!

Post by Samuel Low »

Hi Geoffrey! Nice to meet you. I too, am also a Sophomore student and so are many others. This forum is a great place to learn (a LOT more than just nuclear fusion and fusors I can bet you) so welcome and have fun here!
"Physicists are made of atoms." - Michio Kaku

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”