Hello Everyone!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Silas Harvey

Hello Everyone!

Post by Silas Harvey »

Hello everyone,
I am currently 15 years of age, studying for my GCSE's. I live in Oxfordshire and have had an interest in fusion reactors for a few years now.

I first discovered fusion at age 10 or so, however I did not find out about DIY fusors until a year or ago. Ever since I discovered fusors, I have wanted to build one. However, I recently moved school and I am now able to access machining techniques and resources I have not had access to before.

So I desired it was time to build a fusor! Unfortunately, being only 15, it has proved difficult in terms of cost.
I joined this forum hoping to be able to talk to experienced fusioneers to help me bring this project into reality.
Silaspace

"Mathematicians embrace infinity,
Engineers aggrieve it,
Programmers, being both mathematicians and engineers, are obliged to ignore it lest their heads explode."
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Best of luck on finding parts; do consider if your school has a proper vacuum pump and maybe a usable vacuum gauge for it. That can get you started on vacuum work and testing.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”