Hello from Wisconsin!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
AlbertLatham

Hello from Wisconsin!

Post by AlbertLatham »

Hey, everyone, my name is Albert Latham and I'm an electrical engineering student at the UW, Platteville campus. I'm excited to work on a fusor using my college student budget! I'm also excited to get to know the people here and the theories that drive fusor and fusion research.
JakeJHecla

Re: Hello from Wisconsin!

Post by JakeJHecla »

Hello Albert! You picked an excellent state to be in for a fusioneer. UW Madison has a lab operating a large fusor, and I bet a couple of well-placed emails could get you a tour. While I normally split my time between WA and MA, I'm actually working in Madison this summer. If you'd ever like to talk over designs or chat about where to get parts, let me know!
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Good man Jake! Mentoring is important. You went through the drill here and are a winning fusioneer. Thanks for offering the assist.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
AlbertLatham

Post by AlbertLatham »

Mr. Hecla (Jake!),

I'll buy you lunch if you'll let me. I honestly don't know where I would start asking questions, but the ability to hear your story and just pick your brain would be invaluable to me. I'll see if I can wrangle a tour in that lab you speak of, as well. I think looking at what is functional and well documented will also help me along significantly.

Thanks for the offered assist! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Albert

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”