Hello From New Jersey

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Steven_Udotong

Hello From New Jersey

Post by Steven_Udotong »

My name is Steven Udotong, 15, and I'm currently a sophomore in Cinnaminson High School. I am pursing to go to a college to study in a field of science (still working on narrowing it down). Recently, in my chemistry class we've been talking about the subject of nuclear reactions, so this became an interesting topic to me and I decided to begin constructing a fusor reactor as this would benefit my understanding of the topic of nuclear physics. I'm hoping to find some helpful tips on this site as well as motivation and I'm excited for what's to come in the future from this project.

I've began ordering supplies to construct the vacuum chamber of the reactor, I've already ordered 2 6" stainless steel hemisphere's with corresponding CF flanges. I've also began scouting out possible mechanics/engineers to help weld/drill some of the pieces together since I have no experience and the pieces are very expensive, so I don't want to make any mistakes.I'm aware of the risks of attempting this project and I'm determined to make it work.
Scott Moroch

Re: Hello From New Jersey

Post by Scott Moroch »

Steven,

Welcome to the forum. I am also from New Jersey. I am a Junior in High School and have built a successful neutron producing fusor with a friend of mine. We are currently working on a second neutron producing fusor that we hope to use in a variety of research projects. Our fusor is currently located at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Please let me know if I can help you with your fusor project. Based on the location of your school, I am about 2 hours north of where you are. I would be happy to gove you advice and answer any questions you have.

Here is a link that shows my fusor efforts: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10277

Best of luck.

Scott Moroch
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
-Albert Einstein
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Steven,

New Jersey? What exit?
--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome; read the FAQ's on demo fusors for insights and to understand the differences and why real fusors cause issues for first time builders. Also, a fusor need not require welding if one is creative and takes more unorthodox routes. Best of luck.
Steven_Udotong

Post by Steven_Udotong »

Paul_Schatzkin wrote:Steven,

New Jersey? What exit?
--P
Interchange: 4, Milepost: 34.5, not sure how to format exits exactly, but I live near route 130, the town is very close to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I grew up in Springsteen Country - Monmouth County. Parkway exit 109/Jersey Shore.

Welcome, good luck with your Fusor project.

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Garrett Young

Post by Garrett Young »

Recent article about Steven: http://www.philly.com/philly/health/New ... nd-Me.html

fusor.net is mentioned
- Garrett
Steven_Udotong

Post by Steven_Udotong »

Thank you everyone here for your support. I have made a great amount of progress aggregating just about all the parts required and I'm gearing to conduct vaccuum, plasma, and neutron tests soon!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”