Hello from The Netherlands!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Johan Reinink

Hello from The Netherlands!

Post by Johan Reinink »

Hi everyone, I'm Johan from Enschede, The Netherlands. I'm a PhD student at Twente university and my main passion is for lasers (sorry fusor lovers). But besides lasers and optics I want to get into vacuum systems for various projects. Simple evaporative deposition, circulating electron beams and stuff, maybe even build a gas laser. I don't have any fusor plans yet, I already have way too many project I want to finish, but it's a project I'd love to do somehwere in the future.
What brings me here is the knowledge about vacuum system, specifically turbo's. I know everybody loves diffusion pumps around here, but they hardly ever appear second hand. And I have 3 turbo's from my university, likely all with bad bearings. Since working second hand turbo every one and a while appear at the cost of a new bearing set I'll be doing things cheaply. I'll be sourcing second hand vacuum parts anyway, that's already expensive enough.

Some years ago I made this together with Destin from the Smarter Every Day youtube channel, makes a nice introduction I think:
https://youtu.be/lW4Uq_2VPhE

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”