Hello from the Spacecoast of Florida

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Trent Carter

Hello from the Spacecoast of Florida

Post by Trent Carter »

I am in Melbourne, Florida just south of Cocoa and East of Orlando.

I am a physicist and EE by education but have broad skill sets including software, embedded design, schematics, layouts, CAD, RF and general fabrication skills.

I have wanted to make a fusion reactor of some type for 10-20 years, and was mentally setback when I learned of the radioactive boy-scout incident (not fusion). Then I stumbled on some text written by a Richard Hall. A quick google search later I was 7 hours deep in Fusor.net. I especially like the atmosphere at Fusor.net and how Richard, in his retirement, must have an unlimited amount of free time to respond so frequently and with such quality.

I have a few goals for my endeavors into fusion:
1. I hope to eventually release Neutrons, but not so many to cause harm to myself or others.
2. I hope to provide some scientific method based feedback in the form of research and data to this community.
3. I wish to use the efforts to educate my kids and reinforce their knowledge and appreciation of the sciences.

I will be creating a modular system to function across Fusors 1 - N, and I see from this forum that the people who succeed seem to follow a path of ever more successful Fusors. I have been accumulating high voltage power supplies (30kV 30mA), vacuum pumps (Edmonds E2M5 + EO50/60 Diffusion) , fittings, radiation detection gear, vacuum sensors, etc. My plan is to have my first fusor completed by the end of 2017 but more importantly, learn something along the way.

My focus will be research, reproducability and automation.

Trent Carter
Melbourne, Florida
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from the Spacecoast of Florida

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Trent. You arrive here far better off than most in their fusion attempt. You have solid skills and will develop many more as your project advances. All the best of luck and post often on your progress.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”