Hello from the other side...

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
kathiresan sathappan

Hello from the other side...

Post by kathiresan sathappan »

Hello everybody,
I’ am Kathiresan from India currently studying in Singapore under University of London. I did a year of mechanical engineering in India and dropped out to pursue banking and finance mostly because the engineering program in India was BORING and I realised i don't need to go to a TECH SCHOOL to learn things! I was always fascinated by science and sometimes found myself lost in amusement. Currently I ‘am working on a couple of startups nothing in particular to do with science, I always wanted to invest in a few things once I have a base established to feed my obsession for the crazy side of science like quantum entanglement. It was in middle school when i first came across the whole world of nuclear science, through one of my teachers and then i started reading about it, but i didn't have much access to the internet as i have had in recent years to further increase my knowledge on the subject and was always led to believe it was something that kids my age shouldn't be pondering about rather than studying for the upcoming tests. Years passed, channeled my thoughts in different ways didn't think about nuclear science in particular, built a lot of things over the years.... robots, quad-copters, rockets, etc. A year or two ago I stumbled upon people who collected radioactive stuff and i found that very cool but I didn't have access to a Geiger counter to go looking for radioactive stuff but, I found an American site that sold different radioactive materials with a relatively low CPM so, again i thought it would be very cool to order the stuff but my idea of cool was clearly very different from my mothers idea of cool :} , so she didn't let me get it. Then I focused on different things and I ‘am finally at the verge of my startups going live and that gives me the freedom to invest in a lot things if things go well, and as usual i was going through what my favourite companies were up to these days and came across a page about Lockheed Martin still funding its portable nuclear fusion project and that got me back on track, started reading about fusion tech day and night and i knew that one day ill invest on research on fusion technology for commercial applications but little did i know that ill be building a reactor for the time being to keep things exciting. And so I ‘am here going through all the material I can find, ready to fuse them nuclei's together.... I ‘am really sorry about the way too much Back Story... I ‘am just Super Excited and cant really help it :D!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”