Hello from Mexico!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Pablo Llaguno

Hello from Mexico!

Post by Pablo Llaguno »

Hi, my name is Pablo Llaguno, I am from San Pedro, Mexico currently in my high school sophomore year (I am 16 years old). I've been interested in Nuclear energy since I was a kid, but I never thought I would actually try to do a Fusion reactor, even less that they were possible to do without spending millions but thanks to fusor.net I now know it's possible to get a working fusion machine that produces neutrons. My plan is to first build a demo fusor for a science fair that I will have in 6 weeks (yeah... I am in a hurry), then with proper times and resources I will make a real working fusor. The demo fusor will be simple but maybe some parts could be used later on the neutron producing fusor, at least that's what I hope. I have some background in pneumatics and high pressure (4500psi) but not in vacuum systems, also have some mechanical skills and have access to lathes and quite a lot of tools thanks to my dad and the school, as for electricity... well I am a complete noob in that area, only real project I did with electricity was a H20 electrolyzer, in which I used a 12VAC transformer and a rectifier bridge. I hope to learn more things now that I've joined the forum, as of now my first task is to get the HV supply, I am thinking of either a 100kV x-ray transformer that's on ebay, though I don't know if it will work, or a 10kV NST.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Mexico!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome and good luck! As for getting an odd x-ray transformer to work, do ask that question for that specific transformer in the appropriate section before buying. From what I understand about those types of x-ray transformers, those devices require not an insignificant knowledge of electronics to get working - they are not generally turn key units. As for a NST, most people (me included) have those for both running a demo plasma or for experiments; very useful if a real NST (heavy iron transformer, and better yet if not center tap grounded (very rare or a lot more expensive.) Again, read about these units before buying one!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”