Hi from Australia

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
andrew_meachen

Hi from Australia

Post by andrew_meachen »

HI Everyone,
I'm a broadcast engineer from Albury NSW, Australia. My main interest here is in vacuum and HV electronics as I blow glass and have been playing around with plasma tubes in my spare time of late, although I may build a fusor at some stage down the track.

I'm currently rebuilding my vacuum system with a small CVC diffusion pump (previously it just had an Edwards E2M5 with KF & Swagelok fittings). I've been reading the forums for some time now and thought I should at least say hi and thought I may be able to add something to the forum now and then.

Cheers,
Andrew
Richard Hull

Re: Hi from Australia

Post by Richard Hull »

Andrew, Having a good vacuum system before beginning your work with a fusor is a very wise idea. It is a critical part of making a fusor work. Good luck.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”