Hello from New Zealand

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Joseph Mills

Hello from New Zealand

Post by Joseph Mills »

Hello,
I'm a 14 year old New Zealander in high-school. I have become interested in building my own fusor project as i have been interested in nuclear fusion for a while.
If anyone has an tips they can give me it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Joseph
John Futter

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by John Futter »

Joseph
pm me
i'm in NZ
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Not sure how ebay works for you and if import taxes make purchases too costly. But one needs to develop the skill to find great bargains and learn how to bid to win them as a bargain. I've obtained a chamber, two stage vacuum pump (2!) and a turbo pump all for under $100 total (less shipping) on ebay by carefully searching surplus company's sub-sites. Also, reading the FAQ'a and learning how search out current/recent work relative to key forums is essential. For instance, using a vacuum four-way "T" instead of a chamber has possible advantages - it has a higher working pressure which appears to result in significantly higher neutron flux. Might be worth looking into rather than a standard large chamber - so read and determine what is best for you. There are a wealth of good and interesting posts besides the FAQ's - but do read the main FAQ'a in all applicable forum sub-sections.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”