Hello from Germany!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Lukas Bochtler

Hello from Germany!

Post by Lukas Bochtler »

The boring title aside, i would like to introduce myself, as per forum rules.

Seeing as im under my real name here, i will not use my "Im just some guy on the internet" introduction, but introduce myself proper.

I am a a Student, studying Applied Mathematics and Physics. I used to be interested in Fusion, but my interests have somewhat shifted over the years, i had originally planed to build a Farnsworth Fusor, but never got around to it (though i did play with electrostatic containment of plasma at low vacuum). Anyway, my current interests are electron microscopy, acoustics and camera design. (well, i do have more interests, but listing them would take too much time and space, as well as me guessing that reading a long list of interests is not going to be very fun for anyone reading this). (edit: Though i do still have the construction of a Farnsworth Fusor on my bucket list)

I stumbled across this forum by searching for information about vacuum technology, more specifically Diffusion pumps.

I have been searching for information about vacuum systems, ever since i got myself an electron microscope (well most of one anyway, its missing a few things, but the major components are there and should work).

So, in order to start asking questions about diffusion pumps, i needed to wright this introduction.
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from Germany!

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome... you might investigate....

http://www.belljar.net/

This was originally an amateur vacuumists magazine, much of which is on line. One article dealt with electron microscopes.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”