Hello from Palo Alto

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
koeng

Hello from Palo Alto

Post by koeng »

Hello everyone!

My name is Keoni Gandall, and I am currently a synthetic biology researcher at Stanford. I've been involved for the last 4-5 years have been in the field of biohacking and DIYbio (koeng on DIYbio forums), and I am especially interested in genome engineering and the democratization of DNA technologies. My other interests include raising ant colonies, zeppelin airships, and open source software. I'd be happy to answer any questions on getting into biohacking / doing genetic engineering at home, if anyone is interested in that.

Most of my work has been in biology, which inherently isn't very mechanical, so I'd love to get more knowledge and experience in this topic. I plan on taking some electronics and welding classes at TechShop in San Jose, but any other materials for learning more base knowledge would be appreciated. I've gone through the construction FAQs lightly, but plan on going through all the FAQs more thoroughly soon.

My plan right now is to finish a fusor by next summer. This summer I'm dedicating to learning techniques and CAD software, acquiring some simple materials, and reading as much as I can on the topic (going through the book FAQ right now). Thanks for having such an awesome and unique community!

Keoni

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”