Greetings from Li'l Rhody!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Joshua Guertler

Greetings from Li'l Rhody!

Post by Joshua Guertler »

Hello everyone,

My name is Joshua Guertler, I am 14 years old and come from Rhode Island (the smallest state in the US), and with me I bring a great deal of fascination in nuclear fusion. Not too long ago I saw the idea of a nuclear fusion device that could be built at home and believed that it was far over my head. But after receiving help from a university professor in electrical engineering and an instructables.com article on how to create a fusor, I decided to see if I could make one of these devices myself.
I originally started out at a young age using and learning about how to safely handle high voltages via microwave oven transformers and cathode ray tubes from my neighbor who is an electrical engineering professor over at our local university (Roger Williams University). He is my current advisor on how to safely construct and handle some of the more lethal components of the fusor and helped me figure out most of the individual components of the project.

Another cool fact that I learned was that, if I do complete the reactor, I will be the first person to achieve nuclear fusion in the state of Rhode Island (although we only have a population of a little over 1 million people).

This will certainly be a test of my perseverance in all fields of science and engineering, wish me luck!

Sincerely, Joshua A. Guertler
Dennis P Brown

Re: Greetings from Li'l Rhody!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and best wishes on your goal. You appear to have outstanding mentor support!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”