Hello from Memphis, TN

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Jackson Oswalt

Hello from Memphis, TN

Post by Jackson Oswalt »

Hello!

My name is Jackson Oswalt. For the past two years or so I have been immersed in all things related to physics. Previous to my Fusor project (which is still a W.I.P) I've built a hybrid rocket engine, a liquid oxygen/alcohol rocket engine, and a basic vacuum chamber. I have experience with electricity aswell as many other things, do to the fact I've been building things all my life. As for my Fusor, it's made out of CF35 (CF2.75") and KF25 fittings, adapters, and feedthroughs. No, it's not a cookie jar with two holes drilled in it. On April 19, 2017 I was successful in producing my first plasma, and, if I successfully produce neutrons before January 19, 2018, I'll be the youngest fusioneer on the planet. Yeah, I'm twelve.

But don't let that age cause you to be apprehensive. I could've left that information out and you wouldv'e never guessed.

Best regards,
J. O.
Youngest person to build a fusor
Andrew Robinson

Re: Hello from Memphis, TN

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Just remember Jackson. It is not a race. You need to focus more on application, understanding, and quality than making it to the finish line first. Rushing like that is how you make mistakes and get yourself killed. As you said, you're only 12. There is something to be said for youth and early motivation, but being so young also means you lack a lot of critical experience. I'm not trying to discourage you or tell you that this project is not for you, I'm just stating the facts. 12 years is not a lot of time on this earth. Everyone here wants you to be safe. Do your research and stop racing. You will be more respected by the community here by not rushing to meet that goal and instead taking your time and doing things right. Countless kids before you try for the same goal. Let go of the silly age goal and show us what real time and dedication can produce. It's about time I just create a copy paste version of this response since there are so many that have come before you with the same goal and it just resulted in sloppy, dangerous work that contributed nothing back to the community and provided little value to the builder as well. Don't fall into this category too. I do wish you the best of luck. Keep reading the FAQs.
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Jackson Oswalt

Post by Jackson Oswalt »

Thank you for your concern. Although I'd like to achieve that record, I know it's not a race. Especially because it seems no one else is in it. I do my best to stay safe by using high voltage gloves, having a really good ground, and of course, not touching exposed wire. Nothing is done with electricity unless it's proven safe or at least done before. I have lead shielding ready for when I'm on the cusp of fusion. I don't want to come across as "one of those kids", so I appreciate your comment.
Youngest person to build a fusor
Ali_Hassan

Post by Ali_Hassan »

Hi Jackson,

I wish a happy new year for you and your family.

I am from Saudi Arabia.

I was really inspired by you and your Fusor project. You Kindled in me doing my own Fusor. Your videos were my reference, I followed the small details in your Fusor.

you are really Awesome person, I Like your way and thrill to get your Fusor work. Despite your small age, but you have an excellent knowledge and experience.

You've did it and make it works successfully.

thanks and kind regards
Ali Bukhamseen

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”