Introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Mike Brandon

Introduction

Post by Mike Brandon »

Hi All
My Name is Mike Brandon. I am not really a fusor as such but my interest lies in Hi Vac technology. My skills are in the production of scientific glassware in particular Hi Vac stuff. Stopcocks etc www.bsgglass.com.au. I have had an interest in High vac systems over the years and had over 30 yrs experience in R&D organisations
I haven't joined to promote myself but find information about equipment I use. I have a rather nice vac line which i cobbled together about 17 yrs ago. it still works very well and I can get down to 9x 10-8 torr without to much trouble. I have on this system a MS which is very useful but on my move a few years ago i lost the manual of the unit and I would like to use the MS function of this but I can't remember how it works so I am not sure if I am not using it correctly or its not working correctly so I am hoping someone out there may have knowledge of this unit or even better a manual they can copy.
Leybold-Heraeus Quadruvac Q 200
Thanks Mike
ian_krase

Re: Introduction

Post by ian_krase »

Welcome! I'm another person who is not (primarily) here for the fusion -- i am in the process of trying to build a mass spec.
Mike Brandon

Post by Mike Brandon »

Thats a big under taking. I have seen glass ones made in the 60's in the early stages of R&D. now days they are small bench top devices.
ian_krase

Post by ian_krase »

My intent is to imitate this: http://www.rapp-instruments.de/Radioakt ... quadro.htm

Unfortunately, my electronics design skills may not be equal to the task of coming up with an RF power supply.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”