Hi there!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.

Hi there!

Post by guest »

Hello! I'm happy to join the fusor forum. Before I proceed any further, I would like to apologize in advance for the length of this introductory document. I am an optical engineer with Boeing in Seattle. As a kid growing up in the 50's, I built my share of Tesla coils, vacuum pumps, lasers, etc. I graduated with an MS in astrophysics from BYU in 1973. In my working career I have designed and developed optical systems ranging from very large to very small, mainly for government agencies. I was recently in charge of redesigning the large windows for the International Space Station.

My first exposure to the Farnsworth Fusor was as a graduate student. Back in 1972 I saw a model of the Farnsworth Fusor under construction in the underground high-energy physics lab at BYU. I was told that Farnsworth had donated the relevant patents to BYU, and that they were attempting to replicate the device. I left BYU shortly thereafter, so I don't know if they ever got it working.

My special interest is in fusion and alternative energy technologies. I have spent a great deal of time researching this topic. I am on a first name basis with some of the alternative energy researchers, including Dr. Tom Bearden and Dr. Peter Lindemann. In the course of my studies, I purchased and read Dr. Peter Lindemann's book titled "The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity." I also purchased and read Gerry Vassilatos' book titled "Secrets of Cold War Technology, Project HAARP and Beyond," which is heavily referenced in Dr. Lindemann's book. Many of you on this forum may also have read these ground-breaking books. Dr. Lindemann is especially to be congratulated in his apparent success in decoding Ed Gray's "radiant energy conversion tube," as used in the Ed Gray motor and documented in the relevant patents, per the hints given in Gerry's book. According to Gerry Vassilatos, the "radiant energy event" is what powered Tesla's magnifying transmitter. According to Dr. Lindemann, this is also what powered Ed Gray's motors, T. Henry Moray's "radiant energy" devices, and Paul Baumann's Testatika machine.

Now this is where the expertise of the fusor forum may be brought to bear. Many of you have acquired high-voltage systems and high voltage high-energy capacitors. Many of you also have expertise with the mill and lathe. I would like to suggest that those of you who have this equipment take a few days off from your fusor replications, and try your hand at replicating the Ed Gray radiant energy conversion tube. According to Gerry Vassilatos and Dr. Lindemann, a high-voltage high energy DC (absolutely no "ringing" allowed) pulse discharge across a spark gap causes a radiant energy burst to be "blown off" of the conductors. Many of you have exploded wires with big capacitors, as I have. However, in this case, we are attempting to collect the radiant energy, not form copper vapor. Therefore, the copper conductors need to be on the order of a quarter-inch to a half-inch thick. The supposed radiant energy is then collected with copper grids or sheets arranged in cylindrical fashion around the bus bars which lead up to the spark gap. The full details of construction of Ed Gray's conversion tube were revealed last May in Dr. Lindemann's "Radiant News" publication, in the form of scanned images of John Bedinni's lab notes detailing his visit to Ed Gray's shop back in the early 80's. Copies of John's lab notes also appear on KeelyNet. Those familiar with the work of Moray, Bauman, and Gray will realize that this is earthshaking information, if it can be replicated. According to the most recent (December 2001) issue of the "Radiant News," no one has yet stepped forward to attempt this replication.

Demonstration of the "radiant energy event" should be possible with a relatively simple proof-of-concept experiment. I have had some thoughts along this line, and would be more than willing to share them. I don't mean to divert the attention of the fusor forum from the great work it is doing in replicating the Farnsworth Fusor. However, due to the extreme importance of demonstrating (or falsifying) production and capture of radiant energy, I thought I would see if I could arouse some interest. I am sorry if I have offended anyone in introducing a non-fusor related subject on the fusor forum.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”