Hello from Southern Utah!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Max Stevens

Hello from Southern Utah!

Post by Max Stevens »

Hello! I am 13 years old and I recently became interested in building a fusor. I had a few questions about building one, so I came here to ask them. My approach is to spend the least money as possible, while still producing successful plasma or fusion. I understand that it will cost a lot of money, no matter what, but I had a few ideas that were worth asking the experts about. I have done some research on fusors, but I think I would rather have expert advice than my own before I try it. If anyone has any advice, I would be happy to take it. Thank you!
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Southern Utah!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello, and welcome.

The best advice anyone wanting to do fusion is read up on a lot of subjects (not just the FAQ's in each section - but do do that) so you need to buy as little turn-key systems as possible (most expensive methodology to a fusor.)

Building your own stuff (besides the fun and learning) is essential to making a low cost fusor. Also, if a university is near or if your school has some useful science equipment, see if they will help.

Other than that, just remember to ask about specific equipment when you do buy so you get what you need for what you want it to do.
Max Stevens

Re: Hello from Southern Utah!

Post by Max Stevens »

Okay, sounds good. I will most likely be posting questions over the next few days, since I have other things going on that I need to do. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm sorry if my overusage of commas and overall sentence fluidity is cringy.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”