searching for optical connection gel

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.

searching for optical connection gel

Post by guest »

I'm peter Pavkovics, from Gamma Technical Corporation Hungary. Our company manufactures nuclear measurement devices, and scintillation crystals. We would need a gel, or silicone grease for the optical connection of a crystal surface and glass surface. If somebody could help me find a material like this, please do not hesitate, to contact me!

Re: searching for optical connection gel

Post by guest »

ok are you matching them for optical because if so then you can buy from most fiberoptic test equipmet sellers optical matching fluid (make it so that the light from one fiber crosses the gap with out the interfearance of the air or gap inbetween causeing power loss or an optical mismatch) look online for edmund scientific optical they sell all of the bits and peices needed for optical connections.
Tom Dressel

Re: searching for optical connection gel

Post by Tom Dressel »

Peter:
You can also get OCM at http://www.pocketscope.com/ they sell a water clear silicone based substance that works well as an OCM. look under accessories it is ~$12.00 per gram

Tom Dressel

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”