Moin Moin

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Jan Ruge

Moin Moin

Post by Jan Ruge »

Gude,

My name is Jan Ruge (aka bolek42) made in 1991/Germany and I'm actually an IT-Security Guy (CTF player and focused on SDR stuff) who is also interested in physics and electronics.
A couple of years I started to get the parts for a fusion device, but as university etc. cost a lot of time and I'm currently living in a student dorm, such experiments were quite difficult as they require time and some space.
I also really need my electronic devices and as they don't like high voltage spikes very much (I actually managed to kill my coffee machine with my experiments) the project stalled for a while.
Luckily i meet some nice people at the CCC Darmstadt who are also interested in that topic, so I have now the ability to use their workshop for those experiments and there are always people have good suggestions if it comes to technical issues.
In addition, the 30min pumpdown passes much faster if you have someone to talk ;)

Hopefully I will make some progress in the next couple of weeks, but we will see what happens, the current progress will be tracked there: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12017
Dennis P Brown

Re: Moin Moin

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Also, please fix your user name in your posts for the header section for the "by" - we do "not" (oops, edit) use handles in any parts of our posts for consistency - thanks.

Do keep posting your progress and details on your system. Looks really interesting.
Last edited by Dennis P Brown on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rex Allers

Re: Moin Moin

Post by Rex Allers »

Jan,

Good to see that you updated the Real Name field in your profile, but you can change your username too and your new username will be associated with posts you have already made.

Here's a link to a post I made about how to make this change
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11603
Rex Allers

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”