Hello From Pennsylvania

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Brayton Alkinburgh

Hello From Pennsylvania

Post by Brayton Alkinburgh »

I'm a 15 year old, taking up the task of fusion mostly as a way to show my public school I'm not stupid as they seem to believe. I've taken several online courses regarding particle physics, as well as researching for many long hours. I'm hoping to be able to complete this project in a year or two, and hopefully some colleges will notice me because I'm poor as heck and need a scholarship. I'm excited and am ready to start buying parts.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello From Pennsylvania

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello, and welcome.

Learning is both fundamental in all advanced endeavors and necessary to really progress. Getting top grades, showing one can tackle advanced academic subjects (early success in calculus, physics, chemistry and 5's in all AP examins) as well as obtaining extremely good recommendations are the key to gaining admittance to one of the top Ivy league schools (read well endowed with $$$$) so that if they accept you, they will fully wave all tuition (but not dorm/living expenses - those one must pay/borrow or find scholarships.)

That said, have you studied the various FAQ's in each section here at the forum? Building a fusor, even if one 'gets lucky' with ebay purchases is not inexpensive and the learning curve to build a lot of the required support equipment is steep (to avoid paying a great deal of $$$ for turn key systems.)
Brayton Alkinburgh

Re: Hello From Pennsylvania

Post by Brayton Alkinburgh »

Thank you for your advice and concern. I am fully aware of the difficulties and challenges ahead of me, and have extensively read faq‘s as well as many papers. I understand the theory and science, and am compleatly prepared. I am taking up a job to finance this experiment, and am excited to begin. With the knowledge I have and will gain I hope to claim my spot as the 21st Highschooler to achieve fusion. Thank you for the acedemic advice, I am currently taking only one AP class however will be taking stat calc physics AB and some lit classes.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”