Hello from Minnesota

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Brian Cosgrove Payne

Hello from Minnesota

Post by Brian Cosgrove Payne »

Hi, I'm Brian Cosgrove Payne, I'm a programming student in my mid 20s, and I'm here to learn how to build a fusion reactor at home, primarily some of the more detailed parts. I've often found myself asking questions, and I suspect I might have to directly ask some to find answers.
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome. You will probably find 98% of any and all questions answered in the FAQs related to any topic in these forums check those out first.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Brian Cosgrove Payne

Post by Brian Cosgrove Payne »

I'm combing through them as I type. Ideally, I'll log my progress and perhaps propose a prototype presentation of the answers I find, most likely a long while from now of course. Too much to learn for now.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

That's the proper attitude that wins here, coupled with the hands-on imperative.

1. Read, study and learn.....Then read and study a bit more.
2. Ask cogent questions that remain.
3. Get busy with the hands-on effort and learn much, much more about how little the real world cares about what you've learned.

What you have learned is only correct under strictly held conditions in an idealized situation. You will rarely be able to construct to such tight standards and locked-in, controlled situations. The adroit hand will learn tricks, catch-22's, and gotcha's and how to work around imperfect constructions and more loosely held conditions such that fusion is made possible without a government grant.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”