Hello from Brazil

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
NicolauPalm

Hello from Brazil

Post by NicolauPalm »

I am a retired Geophycisist specialized in Electronic instrumentation design, transducers and equipment failure analysis. Worked with the Exploration Seismic industry for over 40 years.

Have a passion for Nuclear Physics, and still feel as a miracle to be able to witness a single subatomic particle being detected and have some of its properties measured.

I have a Canberra Series 30 MCA, that stopped functioning a couple years ago, and yesterday , thanks to information found in this forum posted by richnormand and others, I was able to track the failure to a short circuit across the +30V supply, and then to a shorted Tantalum cap in board#1. My baby is alive and happy again! Thanks richnormand and Fusor Forum!!

I have no immediate intention of building a Fusor, but I am curious about it, will learn a lot from you!
Tom McCarthy

Re: Hello from Brazil

Post by Tom McCarthy »

Welcome to the forum Nicolau. I'm Tom, from Ireland.

Roberto Ferrari, also active on the forum is based in Argentina, he is working on his own fusor.

There are a number of topics in the "Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection" subforum related to instrumentation, mostly radiation detection. Someone might be able to use your expertise at some stage. You can see examples of other fusors if you look in the Images Du Jour forum.

Tom
richnormand

Re: Hello from Brazil

Post by richnormand »

NicolauPalm wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 am
I have a Canberra Series 30 MCA, that stopped functioning a couple years ago, and yesterday , thanks to information found in this forum posted by richnormand and others, I was able to track the failure to a short circuit across the +30V supply, and then to a shorted Tantalum cap in board#1. My baby is alive and happy again! Thanks richnormand and Fusor Forum!!

User manual and full schematics are on your way.
About 6 months ago mine went dead again and it (indeed) was a shorted tantalum cap on the memory board but all is OK now.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”