Hello everybody!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Sam Spencer

Hello everybody!

Post by Sam Spencer »

Hello,

My name is Sam Spencer and I am a junior at High Point University in North Carolina. I originally come from New Jersey and I transferred to my current school from Purdue. I am a math major, possibly looking to get a masters in engineering, but I feel like I haven’t learned any practical skills in my current major. I had heard about desktop fusion reactors awhile ago and looked into it and thought it looked incredibly awesome but might be a bit much to take on at the time. Now, however, I feel is the perfect time. I’m looking for some practical experience and a big project to work on, and what could be cooler than building a star in a jar, right? I have reached out to some physics professors and they think I may be able to turn it into an independent study. If that is the case I may want to beef up my reactor a bit so it’s a little beyond the high school sciencefair level and worthy of research paper. Although, with my lack of experience, the basic reactor mentioned in the introductory literature may be challenge enough. I’m sure I’ll figure it out as I go. I’ll definitely need a lot of help and suggestions as I make my way. I look forward to using you all as a resource and hopefully being able to give back after I’ve made some progress of my own.
Richard Hull

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Sam, You will find all you need to know if you dive into the FAQs contained in the relevant forums on the topic you might have questions on.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”