Hello From Paris, France!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Alexandre Coutansais

Hello From Paris, France!

Post by Alexandre Coutansais »

Hi there! I'm Alexandre Coutansais, I'm 18 and discovered fusors about a month ago!
( I must apologize before I continue of any mistakes I make, English is not my natal language! and sorry for all of the '...' , I just love them, hence why they are everywhere, for me they mean that there is more to be said, and since there always is... )

I've been looking around, though not actively in the first 3 weeks but I began to be more and more interested in fusors, since the last week I've looked at a lot of these fusors on the Internet, and recently discovered this awesome Forum... Since I believe that fusion is the energy of the future ( before we talk about massive solar farms in space, because ground ones are a bit space inefficient and probably won't cut it for the increasing power demand, but we have a bit of time left before we can even attempt one of these structures... ), I feel like I really need to get familiar with what I have so much faith in!

I started looking around the FAQs already, not finished reading everything though, since I try to do it actively... but the more I read, the more I want to make one... I have a feeling that it's not gonna be easy, far from it since I don't have any background in vacuum, particle physics or high voltage...
However, I am a really curious person and in my free time I really often try to learn physics related stuff, I have a good ( though nowhere near academic ) understanding of quantum physics and a pretty good idea of how to work with vacuums ( though no experience whatsoever )... And I think that this project will help me feed my eager for knowledge and experience. It's worth noting that I've been interested in space and science since I was born, watching live rocket launches with my dad ( that always amazed me and still does today ) ...

I'm currently a student in a computer engineering school, and plan to at least achieve some sort of automation in running my future fusor..
I know that this project will take time and money which are scarce in a student environment... But I can find time to do it, and I plan on doing a summer job to get some money ( and we also got a ethereum miner in the flat which is getting pretty decent )...

Thank you in advance for your help and support!

Alexandre

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”