Hello From Chicago

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
jmltinc

Hello From Chicago

Post by jmltinc »

My name is John McGovern. I am an RF Engineer with a life-long interest in high-energy physics. I stumbled upon this forum while researching what GM tube I should pick for a home-brew instrument specifically for amateur laboratory experiments. I found the information contained herein to be instructive, (nearly) comprehensive, and far better than anything I found in my Internet trolling of the last few days.
Richard Hull

Re: Hello From Chicago

Post by Richard Hull »

John,
Welcome to fusor.net. We do have a rather robust nuclear detection forum with good FAQs. I hope you will continue to find useful info here.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Rex Allers

Re: Hello From Chicago

Post by Rex Allers »

John, welcome, but... When you registered you passed through the forum rules. The first was:

1. The first rule of membership in these forums is:
You must create your account using your real, full, first AND last names as the LogIn/UserID for your account.

If your name is John Smith, your UserID (i.e. login handle) must be John Smith, or John_Smith. This is the name that will appear in the forum listings.
Handles like “JSmith” or “JohnS” or “JS997” or like “MrFusion” or “ProtonBoy” are NOT permitted.

---
Please go to your profile (upper right pull-down under your login) then edit your profile and change your user name under "Edit account settings".

----
If your main interest now is in radiation detection and measurement, you might also want to join these groups. The files sections, when you are a member and can see them, have a lot of gathered information.

https://groups.io/g/GeigerCounters

https://groups.io/g/GammaSpectroscopy
Rex Allers

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”