Hello

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Kayla

Hello

Post by Kayla »

My name is Tania Hendron, I am 16 yrs and building a fusor for a high school project ( and I want to beat Dad ). Am I the only girl in the Consortium?
Richard Hester

Re: Hello

Post by Richard Hester »

Not quite. Danielle from Italy is putting together a fusor as well. Check her earlier reports- she has been able to latch on to some nice equipment.

Post by guest »

Hi Tania:
Beating up on dad huh?
We have plenty of young people viewing the sight but they are shy so far.

Welcome to the fusor group.
Yes we have gobs ( a lot of) of data.
Our newbie section is not so low level as to be boring.
I would use it first.
Secondly would be the "Songs"
And thirdly would be the Intranet postings
This group has covered a lot of ground since it started in 1997. We are on our third web site.
Oh yeah... check out the Ligon Analog Article
We are still in the research stage.
Engineering stage is a while away.
But you Already knew that!
As a Service to all fusion people we have the following
article:
It is in the The Fusion Powered Future

2002-04-16 15:07 On to every parade a little rain must fall. (Richard Hull) [Latest: 2002-04-19 14:50] (6)

Fusion is fun!

Larry Leins (3L)
Fusion Tech
teslapark

Post by teslapark »

Hi Tania,

I began my fusor efforts a little over a year and a half ago. My involvement with the fusor has wholly been for my own enjoyment and edification, but I also entered the project into several high school science fairs.

The fusor was received very well by those who actually understood what was going on. However, the machine has a very stunning visual appeal, and that will be a credit to you in selling your project. Folks at my local science fair freaked out when I presented videos of the operating fusor, and put the devices themselves on display. Local media and commited educators really eat that stuff up.

The project is super ambitious for high school level, but I have no doubt that you can do it (and beat dad if you want). I'd imagine just about anyone with sufficient patience and a little competance could build a working fusor. Remember what Tom Ligon said when interviewed at the Teslathon? He said anyone who can safely work around the back of a television set can safely work with the fusor. With the great discussion and help one can glean from this website, all one really needs is to be safety conscious and responsible.

From one teenage scientist to another, allow me to advise you not to get discouraged if things don't move as quickly as you'd like. If you just happen to have 5,000+ dollars of disposible income laying around, you could probably get a fusor working from the ground up in only a few months. Bad idea I think! I would not want to do this, because you learn so much from the slow process of build and rebuild and observe and redesign..... As Richard Hull often says: baby steps. This really is the key. Michael Li (another high school fusioneer) has been working with his machine for over three years now. I had about ten months to prepare my project for competition, and I never did have enough to time finish the second, neutron producing fusor. This didn't seem to matter much and people were sufficiently impressed with the demo machine, enough for the fusor to win a few awards and some nice scholarships too. As far as my fusor efforts are concerned, the end really isn't in sight. I'll keep fiddling with it until I think I've had enough or find something else to get myself into.

So yeah, the fusor is a real crowd pleaser. Alot of local proffesors discouraged me from pursuing this device in the beginning, but those same people were more than ready to stick their neck out and try to get involved once they saw what I had begun to produce.

I hope the above message is decently lucid in light of the fact that it's early morning here, and I'm looking at a full day of classes ahead of me.

Best of luck,

Adam Parker
daniele

Post by daniele »

Richard Hester wrote:
> Not quite. Danielle from Italy is putting together a fusor as well. Check her earlier reports- she has been able to latch on to some nice equipment.

Hey Richard !
I am a MAN !!!

hope nobody wants to see me dressed up in a tailleur !
:)

ciao
Richard Hester

Post by Richard Hester »

Sorry about that, Danielle - looks like Tania now has the undisputed title of sole woman on the list., though I hope that will change with time.
daniele

Post by daniele »

Richard Hester wrote:
> Sorry about that, Danielle - looks like Tania now has the undisputed title of sole woman on the list., though I hope that will change with time.

No problem Richard :)

Tania is the first lady on this forum ?
Tania is welcome !

ciao
Daniele

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”