Hello from Woonsocket, RI!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Harry Dixon

Hello from Woonsocket, RI!

Post by Harry Dixon »

Hi all,

My name is Harry Dixon, I am 16 years old and from Woonsocket, Rhode Island and I am excited to be able to start working on my fusor project with a few friends and I. We have been at work on the project for about a half a year now and have a few pretty detailed drawings and ideas that we will be checking.

My dad is an electrical engineer who has helped us out with the high voltage power source and has given us some help for getting of the ground. We hope to have this project finished before the end of July 2018. We are also looking to be the first group in the state of Rhode Island to build a fusor and maybe present it at a fair or something like that.

I have some help on the electrical parts of the project, but I will be needing help from the fusor community with the radiation parts of the project, like neutron detectors. I will try to keep a few posts going with pictures on my ongoing project.

Yours truly,

Harry Dixon
Joshua Guertler

Re: Hello from Woonsocket, RI!

Post by Joshua Guertler »

Hi Harry,

I see that you have begun your endeavor into the pursuit of a fusor and I wish you the best of luck. As you begin to pursue the project, I was wondering what you had in mind for a potential type of fusor (i.e. a plasma source or star-mode). Do you have any other details on project voltage and pressure that the fusor community could help you out with?

Also,I see that you made mention of a 'fair' that you wanted to enter with the project. I was wondering what typ eof fair you were planning to enter and where the fair would be.

Thank you and good luck!

Josh Guertler
Harry Dixon

Re: Hello from Woonsocket, RI!

Post by Harry Dixon »

Hi Joshua Guertler,

Thanks for the interest in my project. To answer a few of your questions, me and my team will be shooting to enter the science fair next year for Rhode Island with our fusor if it gets finished. However, the time for the science fair is coming up pretty soon, so we will make sure to work on this project day and night. I hope that the other members on this forum will also be helping me out with some of the gas pressure and vacuum setup.

I have also seen that you are from Rhode Island as well. Good luck and I hope that we can have some friendly competition for the first one to the fusor! Also, maybe we'll see each other at the Rhode Island science fair next year if you are planning to bring your own. But because of privacy and safety purposes, let's keep this race on contact through this fusor forum.

Harry

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”