Hello from Michigan

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Thomas Suiter

Hello from Michigan

Post by Thomas Suiter »

Hello from a random tinkerer from Michigan. I came across this site after buying a turbo vac at an auction without much though as to what I'd use it for. I've found what I want to use it for, the challenge of being able to create fusion is just the type of thing that peaks my tinkerers interest.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by Dennis P Brown »

A good turbo is an excellent first component (for the vacuum system) but only a minor one. However, the nice thing with such a high vacuum pump like a turbo is they can be a bases for many high vacuum experiments. If you are serious about real fusion - then you will have to obtain a proper power supply (see the FAQ's); then deuterium gas and finally, a neutron detector. Best of luck.
Last edited by Dennis P Brown on Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Suiter

Post by Thomas Suiter »

I tend to acquire bits and pieces randomly over time every week or so I troll through the local universities' disposition dept to find random nuggets of spent gold. First I have a lot of reading to do, and probably need to finish some other garage challenges first to make sure the wife doesn't get too grumpy :)
Dennis W Winslow

Post by Dennis W Winslow »

Whereabouts in Michigan?

Have you found any like minded folk near us? Any local groups/clubs?

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”