Hello from North Carolina

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Jonathan_sikes

Hello from North Carolina

Post by Jonathan_sikes »

Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan Sikes and I have a great interest in learning how to create a fusion reactor. I am new to this technology and just now starting the voyage of learning. I do not have any background in engineering or physics (or other related fields). Why I ended up here is, I have a friend who first sparked my interest by telling me how he planned to build a fusion reactor for the purposes of giving a radioactive charge to a powdered metal and then use that metal along with an epoxy to "paint" solar cells with it. His Idea (not original) is to stack these painted solar cells (in series) and then do a final epoxy dip to create a theoretical solid state source of free energy. Have you guys ever heard of this or know if this is actually possible? I would love to hear your feedback
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from North Carolina

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Jonathan. Sorry, but your friend's idea is doomed to abject failure. For the reason you might ask such questions in the new users forum as the introduction forum is not one for questions, only introductions.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”