Re-Introduction from Massachusetts

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Andrew Cozzens

Re-Introduction from Massachusetts

Post by Andrew Cozzens »

Hi everyone, I'm Andrew Cozzens! I started my fusor journey in high school and achieved a (somewhat) functional demo fusor, but have let things lapse a bit in the intervening five years as I studied in college. Now I'm looking to get back in the game! I am fortunate enough to have the advantage of a large pile of fusor-related scrap lying around from my high school days, although it has been sitting around a while and much of it requires a little TLC.

On another note, I went to UMass Lowell, and while I didn't run into the fusor-building group there (before my time), I did find the wreckage of their demo fusor in the basement of the particle accelerator. That was cool to see, if a bit sad. Any other fusioneers from New England on here?
Michael Bretti

Re: Re-Introduction from Massachusetts

Post by Michael Bretti »

Andrew,

Welcome to the forums. I myself am originally from MA, currently residing in Upstate NY. While fusors are one of my favorite fusion neutron sources, along with the dense plasma focus and beam on target systems, at this point I personally have no intention in building a fusor myself (already so well covered by many other enthusiasts around the world, and have other interests in exploring areas yet to be tackled by the hobbyist community.) However, I am currently working on several high vacuum systems for supporting high intensity nanosecond pulsed e-beam sources (300kev to 1Mev energy, 30MW to +100MW peak power), as well as intense pulsed ion beams and plasma/ion thrusters in my free time. Feel free to reach out to me if you want to discuss high vacuum engineering or particle beam systems, or your fusor work in general. I always enjoy networking with others involved in this field and discussing these types of systems and projects. Good luck with your endeavors!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”