Hello from New Zealand

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Robert Scott

Hello from New Zealand

Post by Robert Scott »

Hi fusor.net.

A brilliant physicist and close friend of mine was working on a new approach to fusion before he died a few years ago. He was far enough along in the design to be very confident it would work -- something he never said lightly. He gave me his notes and analysis, which I've partly digested, although there are still gaps in my understanding. Partly as a kind of memorial to him, I've taken on a project to try to prove his approach, eventually including building a test device (more likely, a series of them).

I can't say the idea is directly derived from the Farnsworth Fusor, but there are some overlaps that might be helpful for my test setups. I'm interested in looking at existing variants, partly to see if any of them might have design concepts that would be useful, and partly to get a better understanding of the current state of the art in this area.

I'm here to learn!
Ben_Barnett

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by Ben_Barnett »

Sounds really neat, like a story out of a book.

Would love to see the notes... Best of luck on your adventure.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”