Greetings from Romford, Essex

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Shane Potticary

Greetings from Romford, Essex

Post by Shane Potticary »

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon the whole idea of Fusors by browsing on United Nuclear and reading about the Tritium Light Sources they make and it mentioned how people extract the gas from these for 'homemade' Fusor reactors. I currently do A-Level Physics and Nuclear and Particle topics intrigue me so much and to see the word homemade next to something to do with Nuclear, I was anything but exhilarated by the idea that I can potentially make a reactor in my goddamn garage! I saw clagwell's Five Minute Fusor video which in itself was enough to sell the idea of making a Fusor to me, and that sent me to these forums, which seem like an excellent place for me to start getting to know how exactly Fusors work and to understand a bit of the physics behind them. I will most likely try to replicate what clagwell did as a start since I don't want to already start making a fully functioning fusor which produces neutrons without at least being able to make a demo fusor, which i feel i will be able to pull off with the help of this forum!

If anyone has any recommendations of what topics and such to read, im all ears!

Thanksss :)
John Futter

Re: Greetings from Romford, Essex

Post by John Futter »

Welcome Shane
just a word of warning
We do not use or sannction the use of Tritium on this site.
Opening up a tritium powered exit sign is against the law in all countries that are part of the IAEA which is most of the world except for a few rouge countries.
I am very surprised that United Nuclear are making these claims

Read ALL the FAQ's found at the top of each sub forum
Shane Potticary

Post by Shane Potticary »

John

Thanks for the word of caution. Really do appreciate it. When it comes to me wanting to start looking at making neutron emitting fusors, I will certainly be looking into all the laws that surround the topic before beginning to make anything. Mainly however, most fusors use deuterium and that's what I would see myself using in the near future, and might either order it through sigma or depending on the university I go to next year, ask them whether sourcing me deuterium would be feasible, though I have not looked into regulations surrounding it at all since I dont want to be getting too ahead of myself as I can see alot of things that could go wrong if I dont at least have some experience with smaller, vacuum powered Fusors first.

Cheers John :)
Last edited by Shane Potticary on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Shane
PS we do not repeat what others have written on this site to save server space
Paul our benefactor pays for the site and storage therein
Justin Fozzard

Post by Justin Fozzard »

Hello Shane,
I buy Deuterium gas for my experiments in 38L lecture bottles from Argo International Ltd. in Basildon, Essex. They also have stainless steel regulators to fit the lecture bottles.

Cheers,
Justin Fozzard

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”