Hello from Ohio, U.S.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Max_micklitsch

Hello from Ohio, U.S.

Post by Max_micklitsch »

Hello all!
My name is max micklitsch, i am a 15 year old high school student at a private school in ohio. I have always been into electronics and physics. A while ago i saw a video of one of your so called "fusors". I was absolutely astonished, i did so much research online and aquired some parts. But im stuck, its getting a bit too complicated for me. I havent tried to do anything, im just been looking online and researching. I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and it is amazing, some of the setups you guys have look amazing! Essentially, i am here to be guided by one of you guys, ill take any and all advice on how to get a basic setup.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Ohio, U.S.

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and glad you are interested.

Doing real fusion is not easy - besides a great deal of skill, it can be expensive depending on your abilities (or lack there of.)

Most people start out doing just vacuum work and electrical with a neon sign transformer (NST.) A NST is a fairly safe power supply. Using a NST one can create a real ionized gas plasma. Learn basic vacuum techniques, about gauges, and limited power supply issues (like using diodes and what a cathode/anode is all about.) Also, enter the plasma club.

Absolute basics for any work towards a fusor system is a proper two stage pump (only if you consider doing real fusion some day. Deals do happen for these but they are rarely extremely cheap.) Then a proper micron range gauge (0 - 100 microns; Pa are also good. Just there is a lot of functioning but inexpensive micron gauges/detectors available. See FAQ's and many, many pass posts on this subject.) A NST power supply (for learning; getting a real fusor supply can be lethal if one isn't well aware of working with such dangerous high voltages.) Some type of chamber (a real fusor chamber if one wants to both put out the money and hope to do fusion some day.) A chamber can be as simple as a three-way 2.75 inch vacuum connector or even a large spherical chamber with ports/covers.

If those items a demo fusor can be made but one hasn't even started to deal with the difficult and very expensive items.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”